Every now & again, I will post literary playlists that feature fiction and poetry that come together for a specific vibe or mood. To kick things off, here are some books that, regardless of whether you’re a guy or girl, bring out the Femme Fatale in all of us. Also, just to tease you, the quotes are from the books themselves.
1. To Bedlam & Partway Back by Anne Sexton.. because “I am the queen of all my sins forgotten..”
2. Tell Me by Kim Addonizio.. because I want you “to tell me how fucking good I look..”
3. Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller.. because “God, you won’t believe what crap these people are talking about…”
4. Strike Sparks by Sharon Olds... because “I say, do what you are going to do, and I will tell about it.”
5. Sula by Toni Morrison … because ” I want.. I want to be.. wonderful. Jesus, make me wonderful.”
6. Blood Dazzler by Patricia Smith.. because “every woman begins as weather…”