For the poets out there.
This is a quick reminder that the 2010 Rattle Poetry Prize deadline is just a few days away. Since the 1st is a Sunday this year, we’ve decided to extend the deadline by one day. We’ll accept hardcopy submissions postmarked up to and including Monday, August 2nd, and email submissions until 11:59 p.m. PST that night.
Everything else remains the same: With blind-judging by the editors to ensure a fair selection, a six-week response time, a huge first prize, ten paid runner-ups, every poem considered for publication, and an entry fee that is simply a one-year subscription to the magazine, we’ve designed the most writer-friendly single-poem contest in the world, and we’re keeping it that way.
Entries are accepted by email and hardcopy. For email guidelines, and to read the winning poems from previous years, please follow this link:
plus TEN $100
1) Entry fee of $18.00 includes a one year subscription to RATTLE.
2) Open to writers, worldwide; poems must be written in English (no translations).
3) Submissions will be judged in a blind review by the editors of RATTLE: Send no more than four poems per entry; print name, address, phone number, and the titles of the poems onto a coversheet. No identifying information should appear on the poems. Include a check or money order for $18.00, payable to RATTLE.
4) No previously published works, or works accepted for publication elsewhere. No simultaneous submissions. The previous year’s 1st prize winner is disqualified from entry.
5) Manuscripts will not be returned; include a SASE or email address to be notified of the results.
6) Winners will be announced no later than September 15th, 2010, and those poems will be published in the Winter 2010 issue of RATTLE. Additional entries may also be offered publication.
7) Online payment and entries are accepted as well. For more information visit www.rattle.com/rpp/emailguide.htm
Send entries to:
12411 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
August 2nd, 2010